Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wishlist: New Arrivals at Anthropologie

I was looking over the new arrivals at Anthropologie this morning...

{...as a sidenote, why was I looking at the new arrivals at Anthropologie this morning? To torture myself? Usually I confine myself to the humble sale section, knowing that anything I could even hope to buy will be there. Today, however, I slipped up, and am now paying dearly for my mistake...}

...and I saw two things that just made me catch my breath. The first was this:


Candied Sweetbriar Cardi, $118 (link)

My heart aches for this cardigan! Isn't it just the sweetest thing in the world? I love the pattern, I love the colors, I *adore* the ruffles. If I could have it, I would wear it every day. I would wear it with everything. I think this is one of those rare items for which I will sit and wait to go on sale. {"...and you sittin' there waitin' for him, just like a spider." Anyone know what that quote is from?}.

I had barely recovered from finding the cardigan of my dreams when I was swept of my feet {again!} by this:

Lacemaker Skirt, $148 (link)

Unlike the cardigan, I have no idea what I would wear it with... {...white top and cardi, maybe? with navy pumps and a tweed trench? none of which I own...} ...but it is gorgeous. The intricate detail is delicious, and the yellow is so sunny.

What do you think? Is there anything that you are hopelessly longing for this holiday season? What would you wear these items with?

4 comments:

Madeline said...

I swoon over that cardigan! I would probably purchase that skirt, but I am sure I would stare at it and touch it for awhile if I saw it in the store.

Don't you think this whole writing a shopping blog thing is sometimes a relief to intense shopping tendencies, and sometimes makes you feel like an alcoholic in a liquor store? But, so far I am mostly resisting. Some sort of miracle.

Cute finds as usual!

Madeline said...

...wouldn't* purchase the skirt...

Mary said...

Yes, fashion blogging definitely takes some of the shopping pressure away. I think sometimes I used to buy things just because they were pretty and that was the only way I knew how to appreciate them. Now, I can post them on my blog.

Chloe said...

I think the Candied Sweetbriar Cardi is too pretty for words- all of those colors lovely colors TOGETHER on one beautiful cardigan? Ack, I die.

Post a Comment