Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wishlist: Boots

My amazing husband Christian and I have a tradition of making Christmas wishlists. (It's only a two-year-old tradition, since we haven't been married very long, but traditions have to start some time, right?) I recently made my 2009 Christmas wishlist, and item #1 was boots.

I've known for several months that I wanted a pair of boots -- my first real pair of boots. However, in a budget discussion with my husband, we decided that I could either get a new winter coat or boots, but not both. I got the coat from this post, and I love it. I have no regrets.

I have no regrets, but I would still love to get boots for Christmas. Inspired by Elaine (of clothed much)'s post, I did some serious research. I looked for brown boots, size 8.5, leather or leather-like material, knee-high or mid-calf, with a small wedge heel. (Whatevs, I'm not picky. I just know what I want.) I found six pairs that fit my requirements. I couldn't decide between them, and also I love surprises, so I put them all on my wishlist and let Christian pick.

For under $100:


1. Colin Stuart Pointy Boot, $79, Victoria's Secret (link)
2. Skechers Mini-Wedge Boot, $89, Victoria's Secret (link)
3. Colin Stuart Mini Wedge Boot, $99, Victoria's Secret (link)

For over $100:

4. Kenneth Cole REACTION Cash Cab Boot, $109.95, Endless (link)
5. Steven by Steve Madden Intyce Riding Boot, $129.90, Endless (link)
6. Steven by Steve Madden Inragee Low Wedge Boot, $159, Amazon (link)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Mary, guess what?!? That coat you got....I have it too!!!! Don't you LOVE it?!? As for the boots, I say #3 to your secret Santa... :) We should be twins and rock our Tulle coat and VS boots!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Have you looked at the Kady boots at Target? They're not leather, but they're pretty cute and they're VERY comfortable. And they have the wedge heel you're looking for. Plus, the price is great(only $30!) Here's a link:

http://www.target.com/s/188-9599311-6066324?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=Kady%20boots&searchSize=30&ref=sr_bx%5F1%5F1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576&searchPage=1&searchRank=target104545

Just a thought...

Mary said...

Elaine: I know, right? After I ordered that coat, I saw you wearing it in one of your posts and felt very cool. Also, the #3s are totally my favorites. I can't wait for Christmas...

Sara: I love the Kady boots! I saw them a few months ago and fell for them -- that's how I knew I wanted a brown wedge! I thought they were out of stock, though; thanks for letting me know they're still available! That's awesome!!

Post a Comment